The Medicare Advocacy Recovery Coalition (MARC) is a national Coalition advocating for the improvement of the Medicare and Medicaid Secondary Payer (MSP) programs.
The Coalition collaborates and develops strategic alliances with beneficiaries, affected companies, and a wide range of other stakeholders to work with the Congress and government agencies to implement MSP reforms that will improve the process for all.
MARC was formed in September of 2008 by a group of industry leaders who saw a critical need to improve the MSP system. These leaders created the national coalition to advocate on behalf of Medicare beneficiaries and affected companies for MSP reform. MARC’s membership represents virtually every sector of the MSP regulated community, including plaintiffs and defense attorneys, brokers, insureds, insurers, insurance and trade associations, self-insureds and third-party administrators.
Together, the MARC Coalition strives to ensure that all stakeholders affected by the federal Secondary Payer law are able to work within an efficient and comprehensive statutory and regulatory regime to provide timely resolution of disputes and the fair reimbursement of claims involving secondary payer issues. We will achieve this through:
- Facilitation of national-level coordination, collaboration, and communication among the member organizations;
- Formulation of policy recommendations to improve Medicare Secondary Payer reimbursement and recovery procedures;
- Ensuring Medicare beneficiaries receive coordinated and appropriate coverage for claims involving secondary payer concerns;
- Protection of the Medicare Trust Fund by facilitating timely and appropriate reimbursement of funds owed under the law; and
- Development and implementation of legislative and regulatory improvements to ensure that the secondary payer program works effectively, efficiently and economically.
Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.
MARC Vice Chair
Met Life, Inc.
MARC Past Co-Chair
MARC Past Co-Chair
The Walt Disney World Resort
King & Spalding LLP
MARC Operations and Membership Director
Office: (202) 347-9192
ANDREW ROSENBERG, THORN RUN PARTNERS
MARC Public Relations and Communications
Office: (202) 247-6301
Coalition Member Organizations